Integrated Monitoring Guide for SDG 6 - AR, CH, EN, FR, RU, SP
The Integrated Monitoring Guide provides a basis for national governments to monitor progress towards the new Sustainable Development Goal on water and sanitation (SDG 6). It seeks to embrace and build on existing monitoring efforts at the country level, allowing countries to begin monitoring efforts at a level in line with their national capacity and available resources, and from there advance progressively. The Guide also promotes harmonization and the use of similar standards and definitions, to facilitate the sharing and comparison of data both within and among countries and over time, and it should not be seen as a prescriptive set of rules to be adhered to.
The Guide is a living document that will be revised as necessary throughout the SDG period, to capture methodological and technological developments that can improve monitoring effectiveness and efficiency.
Description: Learn more about institutional processes and principles for implementing SDG 6 monitoring at the country level, including success factors, institutional arrangements, stakeholder involvement and resources needs.
Description: Presentation of SDG 6 and its targets and global indicators, including a brief overview of target and indicator definitions and how and where indicator data can be collected.
G3. Step-by-step methodologies for monitoring SDG 6 global indicators
Description: Draft step-by-step guidance on how the SDG 6 global indicators can be monitored, including definitions, computational steps, recommendations on spatial and temporal resolutions.
- 6.1.1 on drinking water.
- 6.2.1 on sanitation and hygiene.
- 6.3.1 on wastewater treatment.
- 6.3.2 on ambient water quality.
- 6.4.1 on water use efficiency.
- 6.4.2 on water stress.
- 6.5.1 on integrated water resources management.
- 6.5.2 on transboundary cooperation.
- 6.6.1 on water-related ecosystems.
- 6.a.1 on international cooperation.
- 6.b.1 on stakeholder participation.
G4. Joint glossary for SDG 6 monitoring (not yet drafted)
Description: Definition of all terms/concepts relevant to SDG 6 monitoring and how they relate to each other
UN-Water’s publications can be divided into two main groups: the publications that represent all Members and Partners of UN-Water – the collective products – and the publications that are under the UN-Water umbrella but produced by groups or individual UN-Water Members and/or Partners – the related products.
- Metadata on Suggested Indicators for Global Monitoring of SDG 6 on Water and Sanitation Read more
- Monitoring Water and Sanitation in the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development – An executive briefing EN, FR, SP Read more
- Monitoring Water and Sanitation in the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development Read more
- SDG 6 – 2018 Synthesis Report on Water and Sanitation in the 2030 Agenda: To be launched in June 2018 Read more
- Water and Sanitation Interlinkages across the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development Read more