UN-Water Webinars for Promoting Gender Contextualization of the SDG 6 Global Indicators
The UN-Water Integrated Monitoring Initiative for Sustainable Development Goal 6 (IMI-SDG6) will on the 14 and 16 November hold consultation webinars for promoting gender contextualization of the SDG 6 global indicators.
The overarching goal of IMI-SDG6 is to accelerate the achievement of SDG 6 by increasing the availability of high-quality data for evidence-based policymaking, regulations, planning and investments at all levels. A key aspect of this work is understanding the nexus between gender and water (including sanitation), especially how data can support the integration and contextualization of gender concerns into global water and sanitation policies and processes.
To this end, IMI-SDG6 has developed and tested draft methodological approaches and gender-relevant indicators for contextualizing and monitoring gender aspects related to the SDG 6 global indicators. This is in the form of an “Assessment Framework.” The draft tools within this framework will be presented in the webinars, along with the experiences gained from the pilot testing done to date by specific countries. There will also be a discussion with webinar participants on ways to mainstream gender into national policies and what relevant capacity development needs are required to do so.
The Country Consultation Webinars will be virtual and offered in English, French, Spanish and Arabic.
- 14 Nov 2023, 11:00 – 12:30 CET (French, with English interpretation). Watch the recording, with audio recordings available here.
- 16 Nov 2023, 10:00 – 11:30 CET (English, with Arabic interpretation). Watch the recording, with audio recordings available here.
- 16 Nov 2023, 17:00 – 18:30 CET (Spanish, with English interpretation). Watch the recording, with audio recordings available here.
Download the presentations and discussion questions below:
- Key aspects of the IMI-SDG6 work on Gender contextualization of the SDG6 global indicators.
- Pre-Pilot in Brazil for gender contextualisation: Promoting inclusive and gender-sensitive analyzes related to water and sanitation (SDG6).
- Discussion questions: The Potential of Gender Contextualisation in Your Country Discussion Points.
- Contextualisation des indicateurs globaux de l’ODD 6 selon le genre - Principaux aspects du travail L’Initiative pour le suivi intégré de l’ODD 6 (IMI-SDG6).
- Contextualisation selon le genre de l’ODD6 Résultats préliminaires de l’exercice pilote du Sénégal 2023.
- Discussion questions: Le potentiel de la contextualisation selon le genre dans votre pays Points de discussion.
- Aspectos clave del trabajo de la Iniciativa de ONU-Agua para el Monitoreo Integrado del ODS 6 sobre la contextualización de género de los indicadores mundiales del ODS 6.
- Discussion questions: El potencial de la contextualización de género en su país Puntos de discusión.
For media and interview requests, contact us on: firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning [Media request] in the subject heading.
News and Media
Get the latest news from UN-Water; Understand what is happening around the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development; Interact in our campaigns; Explore newly released publications and where events are taking place around the world.