Online event to launch the UN-Water SDG 6 Summary Progress Update
The SDG 6 Summary Progress Update 2021 report provides the latest available country, region and world data on all of the SDG 6 global indicators.
As such, it outlines how far we have come in implementing the different aspects of SDG 6 in the different parts of the world, and where we are lagging behind. The report also quantifies the acceleration needed to ensure sustainable water and sanitation for all by 2030.
An online launch event will take place virtually on 4 March 2021 from 9:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. EST. The event will include a presentation of the main findings of the report, followed by ample time for questions and discussion with the responsible UN agencies. The event aims to help Member States prepare for the High-Level meeting on the implementation of the water-related goals and targets of the 2030 Agenda, meanwhile the event is open for the international water community at large.
- Welcome address by Ambassador Farrukh Khan, Deputy Chef de Cabinet, Office of the President of the 75th Session of the General Assembly,
- Key findings status and progress on SDG 6 targets by UNEP, UN-Habitat, UNICEF, FAO, UNECE, UNESCO and WHO,
- Questions and Answers with the audience,
- Next steps by Madhushree Chatterjee, Secretary of UN-Water and Chief of Natural Resources and Interlinkages Branch at the Division for Sustainable Goals, UNDESA,
- Moderator: Kelly Ann Naylor, Vice-Chair of UN-Water and Associate Director for Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene, UNICEF.
For media and interview requests, contact us on: firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning [Media request] in the subject heading.
News and Media
Get the latest news from UN-Water; Understand what is happening around the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development; Interact in our campaigns; Explore newly released publications and where events are taking place around the world.