Regional workshop to accelerate implementation of HRWS and SDG 6. An introduction to the duties and rights accorded to a cross-section of stakeholders from each country. The goal is to identify and share good practices, and to develop commitments for implementation.
Faciliator for IPU Middle-East Roundtable on Water and Peace. Parliamentarians from the region meet on regular basis to create a dialogue on water.
Support the development of sanitation strategy for rural area in Niger (Goal WASH)
This falls into SDG 6 SP's "Stage 2", which focuses on assisting countries designing next steps based on gap analyses of the baseline SDG indicator 6.5 data, identifying key needs and coordinated responses
This falls into SDG 6 SP's "Stage 3", which focuses on the implementation of SDG indicator 6.5
1. Capacity building on enhancing resilience through strengthening preparedness to address water related disasters (flood and drought)
2. Education and training on tools and methodologies for climate risk informed decision analysis
3. Publication: ”Climate Change Education for Asia Pacific Small Islands Developing States” (2017)
4. Publication : Basin Water Allocation Planning – Training Manual (2017)
5. Youth Leadership Camp on Climate Change in UNESCO designated sites in Indonesia (2017)
6. Capacity building on enhancing resilience through strengthening preparedness to address water related disasters (flood and drought)
7. Strategic strengthening of flood warning and management capacity for Pakistan and Afghanistan, focusing on education on flood management for proper utilization of flood hazard information and tools (2015-2018)
8. Development of regional curricula for ecohydrology, IWRM and sustainability science for enhanced resilience to climate change impact (ongoing, 2018)
1. Monitoring of glaciers mass balance and education and training
2. Providing climate risk informed decision analysis
3. Pilots on test ecosystem based adaptation methodologies
4. Demonstration site on “enhancing resilience to disasters of urban water systems of Mindanao Philippines”, by carrying out vulnerability assessment of urban water systems in several barangays and producing several policy options and policy recommendations for improving urban water system plan.
5. Groundwater studies for adaptation to climate change within the UNESCO-IHP GRAPHIC (Groundwater Resources Assessment under the Pressures of Humanity and Climate Change) Programme