Solar Irrigation for Agricultural Resilience (SoLAR) webinar week
The IWMI-led Solar Irrigation for Agricultural Resilience (SoLAR) project funded by the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) is organizing a series of six webinars between 1-5 February 2021.
The SoLAR project aims to generate knowledge to sustainably manage water-energy and climate interlinkages through the promotion of solar irrigation pumps (SIPs). The goal of the project is to contribute to climate-resilient, gender-equitable, and socially inclusive agrarian livelihoods in Bangladesh, India, Nepal, and Pakistan by supporting government efforts to promote solar irrigation.
The webinars will involve speakers from all four countries, as well as speakers from outside the region and will be open to the general public:
- Role of solar irrigation pumps (SIPs) in clean energy transition in South Asia
Monday, 1st February, 15:00 – 17:00 IST
- Solarization of Indian Agriculture: Challenges and Prospects
Tuesday, 2nd February, 15:00 – 17:00 IST
- Solar irrigation in Bangladesh: Current situation and future prospects
Wednesday, 3rd February, 15:00 – 17:00 IST
- Appropriate Institutional Modalities for Grid-Connected Solar Irrigation Pumps in Nepal
Thursday, 4th February, 9:45 – 11:15 IST
- The potential of Solar irrigation for Pakistan: a critical inquiry
Thursday, 4th February, 14:30 -16:00 pm PST
- Will solar irrigation deepen the groundwater crisis in South Asia?
Friday, 5th February, 15:00 – 17:00 IST
Find out more about the Solar Irrigation for Agricultural Resilience (SoLAR) webinar week.