Water and Beyond EU transformative approaches for international partnerships
From the 18-21 January, the European Commission Directorate-General for International Partnerships and the Government of Slovenia, with the support of the Government of Portugal as the Presidency of the Council of the European Union are hosting a conference on water.
The online event will stretch over four days, with high-level panels, thematic sessions and networking opportunities to facilitate contacts between participants with common interests who wish to foster ongoing or future cooperation.
Seven technical sessions on various water-related topics will be flanked by a high-level opening and closing session led by relevant political leaders. Topics to be discussed include:
- Water as an equaliser: realising impact for human development
- Water as a catalyst for cooperation: fostering trust and peace
- Bridging the financial gap: investing in SDG 6
- The water-climate nexus: how to address the cascading crises
- With knowledge and skills: water as the engine for economic development and jobs
- Water and the Environment: resource management to support nature
- Water as a human right: working towards implementation with all partners
These sessions are co-hosted by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), the United Nations Economic Commission for Europe (UNECE), Women for Water Partnership (WfWP), and WaterAid.
For media and interview requests, contact us on: firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning [Media request] in the subject heading.
News and Media
Get the latest news from UN-Water; Understand what is happening around the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development; Interact in our campaigns; Explore newly released publications and where events are taking place around the world.