UN-Water Global Workshop on SDG 6 Monitoring
The UN-Water Integrated Monitoring Initiative for Sustainable Development Goal 6 (IMI-SDG6) will hold the 2nd Global Workshop on Integrated Monitoring of SDG 6, on 9 December 2021 and from 8-10 February 2022.
SDG 6 is to ‘ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all’ by 2030. In recent years, there has been significant progress in gathering data on water and sanitation, but large gaps still remain.
At the 2nd Global Workshop, country-level focal points for SDG 6 monitoring will gather online to exchange experiences and help each other close data gaps and facilitate the use of data in accelerating progress towards achieving SDG 6.
More information about the various sessions are found below. If you have any questions or comments, please contact us on [email protected]
Submitted voluntary country assignments:
Recordings and presentations from the workshop on 8-10 February 2021:
Recordings and presentations from kick-off session on 9 December 2021:
- Recording 08.00-10.00 CET session in English
- Recording 16.00-18.00 CET session in English
- Presentation 'Overview IMI-SDG6 and introduction country voluntary assignment', 08.00-10.00 CET session and 16.00-18.00 CET session
- Presentation 'How to communicate data effectively'
- Overview of country reporting in SDG 6 Data Portal Country Snapshots
- Overview of IMI-SDG6 and available support for each SDG 6 global indicator
- 2021 progress reporting on SDG 6
- 2021 indicator webinars
- UPDATED AGENDA for 08.00-10.00 CET sessions, in English
- UPDATED AGENDA for 16.00-18.00 CET sessions, in English
- Agenda (without details) for 08.00-10.00 CET sessions, in Arabic and Russian.
- Agenda (without details) for 16.00-18.00 CET sessions, in French and Spanish.
- Questions for breakout groups discussions, in English
- Concept note, in English.
- Short description of the Global Workshop, in Arabic, English, French, Russian and Spanish.
- Voluntary country assignment template, in Arabic, English, French, Russian and Spanish.
- GUIDELINES for joining the workshop (how to login and use the platform + recommendations for speakers)
Online courses on science communication from University of Maryland:
For media and interview requests, contact us on: [email protected] mentioning [Media request] in the subject heading.
News and Media
Get the latest news from UN-Water; Understand what is happening around the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development; Interact in our campaigns; Explore newly released publications and where events are taking place around the world.