Save the date: Roundtable on Financing Water, 7-9 February 2023
The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) Secretariat and UN-Water will host the 9th meeting of the Roundtable on Financing Water on 7-9 February 2023 at the World Meteorological Organization in Genev and online.
The Roundtable on Financing Water will play a key role in the lead-up to the UN 2023 Water Conference, possibly contributing a finance perspective to the Water Action Agenda. It will bring together the finance community and water community to share information on recent and future developments of common interest.
The Roundtable meeting will also be the first societal dialogue of the Global Commission on the Economics of water, which ambitions to anchor equity in water economics and define the hydrological cycle as a global common good.
Sessions will focus on:
- The hydrological cycle as a global common good. What does this mean for finance?
- New economics to value and finance the hydrological cycle.
- Equity in financing water: Enhancing access to finance for water.
- Changing finance for water: the role of governments and public finance.
- Changing finance for water: driving the behaviour of corporates and financiers.
- Towards a transformative agenda on financing water.
Further details are found on the meeting website.
For media and interview requests, contact us on: email@example.com mentioning [Media request] in the subject heading.
News and Media
Get the latest news from UN-Water; Understand what is happening around the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development; Interact in our campaigns; Explore newly released publications and where events are taking place around the world.