Open Call for Innovation Challenges on Water Quality Monitoring and Assessment
World Meteorological Organization (WMO), United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP), United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), World Water Quality Alliance (WWQA), the European Commission’s Joint Research Centre (JRC) and the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), are soliciting proposals for challenges to accelerate innovation in water quality monitoring and assessment.
The selected challenges will be put forward at the upcoming Innovation Workshop on Water Quality Monitoring and Assessment, taking place on 14 - 16 June 2023.
The key focus areas of the workshop are:
- Crowdsourcing for water quality monitoring and assessment (including associated uncertainties);
- Acceptance and integration of water quality data from non-traditional data sources (e.g., citizen science, remote sensing, modelling);
- Low-cost methodologies to monitor and assess water quality;
- Integrated spatial, geophysical, and ground measurement to monitor and assess water quality;
- Methods of data exploration and visualization.
The workshop will include presentations, pitches and/or panel discussions on the operational challenges and needs as well as existing and potential innovative approaches and solutions.
The deadline for the submission of the proposals is the 31 March 2023.
- Find more information and instructions here.
For media and interview requests, contact us on: firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning [Media request] in the subject heading.
News and Media
Get the latest news from UN-Water; Understand what is happening around the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development; Interact in our campaigns; Explore newly released publications and where events are taking place around the world.