Global workshop on monitoring SDG 6
The UN-Water Integrated Monitoring Initiative for SDG 6 is organizing a global workshop in November in The Hague, the Netherlands, gathering country representatives from across the world as well UN-Water Members and Partners.
The purpose of the workshop is to provide a platform for sharing experiences and reviewing results from 2016-2017 data collection efforts to establish a baseline for SDG 6, and for learning and preparing for future monitoring.
The background documents will be continuously updated on this page.
- Concept and agenda
- Logistics note
- Field trip
- List of participants
- Questions for breakout discussions
Recordings of the sessions:
- Introduction SDG 6 monitoring and reporting: Panel discussion on implementing SDG 6 monitoring at the country level with Parag, Ministry of Industries, Bangladesh; Carolina Noboa Fernandez, Water Secretariat, Ecuador; Ali Subah, Ministry of Water and Irrigation, Jordan; Bocar Abdallah Sall, Ministry of Hydraulics and Sanitation, Senegal; Fabia Hüsler, Federal Office for the Environment, Switzerland
- Means for monitoring – the importance of political support and institutional capacity: Country case studies with Callist Tindimugaya, Ministry of Water and Environment, Uganda; Monique Berendsen, Ministry of Infrastructure and Water Management, the Netherlands; Paola Chinen Guima, National Water Authority, Peru
- Monitoring for implementation – how to make use of the data: Country case studies with Liya Gu, Ministry of Water Resources, China; Schmoi McLean, Statistical Institute of Jamaica, Jamaica; Deborah Mochotlhi, Department of Water and Sanitation, South Africa
- Vision for 2030: Introduction with Thomas Bjelkeman-Pettersson, Akvo
- Linking national, regional and global reporting on SDG 6: MDG+ Initiative and the SDGs in the Arab Region – Khaldon Khashman, Arab Countries Water Utilities (ACWUA) and Carol Chouchani Cherfane, United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia (ESCWA); Africa Water Sector and Sanitation Monitoring and Reporting – Anita Gaju, African Ministers Council on Water (AMCOW) and Tracy Molefi, Ministry of Land management, water and sanitation services, Botswana; European Water Framework Directive – Cécile Gözler, Ministère de la transition écologique et solidaire, France; Reporting across different levels of government at the national level – Alexandre Teixeira, National Water Agency, Brazil
For media and interview requests, contact us on: firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning [Media request] in the subject heading.
News and Media
Get the latest news from UN-Water; Understand what is happening around the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development; Interact in our campaigns; Explore newly released publications and where events are taking place around the world.