2nd WASAG International Forum
WASAG is the Global Framework on Water Scarcity in Agriculture, a partnership hosted by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), consisting of government agencies, international organizations, research institutions, advocacy groups and professional/membership organizations.
The second WASAG international forum will be hosted in Praia, Cabo Verde, from 7-10 February 2023. WASAG fosters collaboration among partners for the development and deployment of policies, strategies, and programmes, enhancing field capacity for the adaptation of agriculture to water scarcity.
WASAG is set to play a greater role in developing collaborative actions as solutions to the increasing challenges posed by climate change and the resulting water scarcity, in order to make agriculture more resilient.
Objectives of the Forum:
- To mobilize political commitment to accelerate strategic actions, including policies and investments for addressing water scarcity in agriculture.
- To formulate messages that will raise the profile of water scarcity in agriculture in the climate change dialogues at the forthcoming at the UN 2023 Water Conference in March and UNFCCC COP 28 in November 2023.
- To discuss ways of making the partnership more effective and impactful for the implementation of the new WASAG Strategy 2021-2024 and involving all Partners.
- To share relevant knowledge and information on key issues and to network and to foster collaboration among partners.
- To showcase latest technologies, practices and products in agriculture.
For more details on the Forum, including the programme and joining details, please click here.
For media and interview requests, contact us on: firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning [Media request] in the subject heading.
News and Media
Get the latest news from UN-Water; Understand what is happening around the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development; Interact in our campaigns; Explore newly released publications and where events are taking place around the world.