The 2022 Social Forum of the Human Rights Council
The 2022 Social Forum of the Human Rights Council will take place on 3 and 4 November 2022 and will focus on water for human rights and sustainable development: good practices, lessons learned and challenges in the implementation of the International Decade for Action, “Water for Sustainable Development”, 2018–2028, with a view to making a human rights contribution to the UN 2023 Water Conference.
The Social Forum is an annual meeting convened by the United Nations Human Rights Council. It provides a unique space for open and interactive dialogue between civil society, representatives of Member States, and intergovernmental organizations, on a theme chosen by the Council each year.
The Social Forum is open to:
- Member States of the United Nations.
- Intergovernmental organizations.
- Different components of the United Nations system.
- Mandate holders of thematic procedures and mechanisms.
- Regional economic commissions and specialized agencies and organizations.
- Representatives designated by national human rights institutions and non-governmental organizations in consultative status with the Economic and Social Council.
- Other non-governmental organizations whose aims and purposes are in conformity with the spirit, purposes and principles of the Charter of the United Nations.
- Newly emerging actors, such as small groups and rural and urban associations from the North and the South, peasants' and farmers' organizations and their national and international associations, voluntary organizations, environmental organizations and activists, youth associations, community organizations, trade unions and associations of workers.
- Representatives of the private sector.
For media and interview requests, contact us on: firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning [Media request] in the subject heading.
News and Media
Get the latest news from UN-Water; Understand what is happening around the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development; Interact in our campaigns; Explore newly released publications and where events are taking place around the world.