Forest and water nexus – introduction course
This two-hour course by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations’ (FAO) elearning academy is intended to provide an overview of forest and water relationships, and an understanding of the impacts of changing landscapes on water resources.
It can be used as a stand-alone course for those interested in learning about the forest-water nexus, or as an introduction for those who will engage in further FAO workshops.
In the two-hour course, you will learn about:
- Basic relationships between trees, forests and water
- The role that forests play in regulating water quality, quantity and timing
- Environmental, economic and socio-cultural benefits resulting from forest-water relationships
- Effects of land use changes on water quality, quantity and timing
- The importance of including water considerations in sustainable forest management
Find joining information here.