E-Learning courses to revitalize agriculture in fragile contexts
In the framework of the Building Forward Better Initiative – Strengthening natural resources management capacities to revitalize agriculture in fragile contexts, the Land and Water Division of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), is launching a series of E-Learning courses to professionals in Libya, Mali, Niger and Yemen.Investing in local capacities to upgrade the skills and knowledge in natural resources management is a key strategy to strengthen long-term resilience and address food insecurity in fragile contexts. Therefore, the FAO Land and Water Division is organizing a weekly series of 13 webinars to strengthen natural resources management capacities to revitalize agriculture in fragile contexts.
The webinars will be attended by professionals from national institutions, research centres, and the academia from Libya, Mali, Niger and Yemen on the following topics:
- Land Resources Planning
- Water Productivity
- Water Use Efficiency and Performance Assessment
- Investment in Agricultural Water and Energy
- Renewable Energy uses for Irrigation
- Climate Change and Agriculture: Mitigation and Adaptation strategies
- Integrated Drought Management
- Water Harvesting and Agroforestry
- Agricultural Indexes for Performance Assessment
- Early Warning Systems
- Irrigation Asset Management
- Hydro-economic Modelling for river basin management
- Monitoring and Evaluations
The series started on May 26th, with a webinar on the Evolution of the Crop Water Productivity Approach: Sustainable Agricultural Water Management and Enhanced Crop Water Productivity.
The webinars are by invitation only, but will be recorded and made available to the public shortly after taking place.