Water and Beyond EU transformative approaches for international partnerships
From the 18-21 January, the European Commission Directorate-General for International Partnerships and the Government of Slovenia, with the support of the Government of Portugal as the Presidency of the Council of the European Union are hosting a conference on water.
The online event will stretch over four days, with high-level panels, thematic sessions and networking opportunities to facilitate contacts between participants with common interests who wish to foster ongoing or future cooperation.
Seven technical sessions on various water-related topics will be flanked by a high-level opening and closing session led by relevant political leaders. Topics to be discussed include:
- Water as an equaliser: realising impact for human development
- Water as a catalyst for cooperation: fostering trust and peace
- Bridging the financial gap: investing in SDG 6
- The water-climate nexus: how to address the cascading crises
- With knowledge and skills: water as the engine for economic development and jobs
- Water and the Environment: resource management to support nature
- Water as a human right: working towards implementation with all partners
These sessions are co-hosted by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), the United Nations Economic Commission for Europe (UNECE), Women for Water Partnership (WfWP), and WaterAid.