Summary Report of the Global Online Stakeholder Consultation
The UN 2023 Water Conference – formally known as the 2023 Conference for the Midterm Comprehensive Review of Implementation of the UN Decade for Action on Water and Sanitation (2018-2028) – will take place at UN Headquarters in New York, 22-24 March 2023, co-hosted by Tajikistan and the Netherlands.
UNDESA, through its Division for Sustainable Development Goals (DSDG), organized an online global stakeholder consultation to compile views, experiences and proposals from non-governmental organizations and all interested stakeholders on the potential themes for the United Nations 2023 Water Conference Interactive Dialogues. The online consultation was open between 10 February and 10 March 2022 and a total of 146 inputs from stakeholders based in 46 countries were received.
Stakeholders proposed for the UN 2023 Water Conference Interactive Dialogues to consider specific and cross-sectoral themes, related to the three dimensions of sustainable development (social, economic and environmental).
- Key messages and takeaways from the consultation is found in the summary report here.
- All submitted responses and more information on the global consultation can be found here.
- Summary report and webpage Global Online Stakeholder Consultation: Themes for Interactive Dialogues.
- UN 2023 Water Conference website.
- UN 2023 Water Conference stakeholder engagement.