Global Handwashing Day 2020: Hand Hygiene for All
Global Handwashing Day is October 15. And as every year, the day serves as a platform to raise global awareness on the importance of hand-washing with soap.
The COVID-19 pandemic provides a stark reminder that hand-washing is one of the simplest ways to prevent the spread of any virus and ensure better health outcomes overall. This year’s Global Handwashing Day theme is Hand Hygiene for All, calling for all of society to achieve universal hand hygiene now and for the future.
- Find the full Global Handwashing Day infographic with this year’s calls to action here.
- Visit the social media page for click-to-tweet messages and other social media tools for your campaign here.
- What does ‘Hand Hygiene for All’ mean? This fact sheet explains the research and rationale behind this year’s theme.
- What are you doing for Global Handwashing Day? Share your plans by filling out this form.
- A hand-washing Thursday series will be hosted to discuss different hand-washing topics. Register for the series here.
- Check out the Global Handwashing Day website for more information.
This year on Global Handwashing Day, the Permanent Missions of Finland and of the United Kingdom to the United Nations, in collaboration with UN-Water, the Global Handwashing Partnership, WHO and UNICEF, are co-convening a high-level virtual event, “Global Handwashing Day – Accelerating Toward Hand Hygiene for All” to be held on Thursday, October 15, from 6:00PM – 7:30PM BST. The meeting aims to drive global, regional and national action on hand hygiene during the ongoing COVID-19 response and in the future to achieve the SDGs.
The event will have a blended format, with live presentations, a panel discussion and showcasing video endorsements. Registration for the event is open here.