UNDP in partnership with the Ministry of Energy and Water (MoEW), is engaged in rehabilitating the irrigation canals in several vulnerable villages, w since it profits both the Lebanese and Syrians.
Core work is that GWP is a network of multi-stakeholder platforms
In the three Peruvian regions, 69 native communities have joined the initiative, working together with the Ministry of Agriculture and regional governments to protect more than 300,000 hectares of forest (WRM). Through this work, Peru is contributing to the world’s fight against climate change by helping to prevent deforestation, whilst at the same time fulfilling its commitments to promoting and protecting the collective rights of indigenous populations.
Enhance the regional governance arrangements for the protection of the marine environment CLME
Test case in Europe with potential to upscale results globally. Directly related to SDG 13, target 13.1
1. Capacity building on enhancing resilience through strengthening preparedness to address water related disasters (flood and drought)
2. Education and training on tools and methodologies for climate risk informed decision analysis
3. Publication: ”Climate Change Education for Asia Pacific Small Islands Developing States” (2017)
4. Publication : Basin Water Allocation Planning – Training Manual (2017)
5. Youth Leadership Camp on Climate Change in UNESCO designated sites in Indonesia (2017)
6. Capacity building on enhancing resilience through strengthening preparedness to address water related disasters (flood and drought)
7. Strategic strengthening of flood warning and management capacity for Pakistan and Afghanistan, focusing on education on flood management for proper utilization of flood hazard information and tools (2015-2018)
8. Development of regional curricula for ecohydrology, IWRM and sustainability science for enhanced resilience to climate change impact (ongoing, 2018)
1. Monitoring of glaciers mass balance and education and training
2. Providing climate risk informed decision analysis
3. Pilots on test ecosystem based adaptation methodologies
4. Demonstration site on “enhancing resilience to disasters of urban water systems of Mindanao Philippines”, by carrying out vulnerability assessment of urban water systems in several barangays and producing several policy options and policy recommendations for improving urban water system plan.
5. Groundwater studies for adaptation to climate change within the UNESCO-IHP GRAPHIC (Groundwater Resources Assessment under the Pressures of Humanity and Climate Change) Programme
Development of a self-training handbook on access to water and sanitation in workplaces, based on ten ILO Conventions and 18 Codes of Practice on occupational safety and health in general or in specific economic sectors.
Convene of stakeholders at the World Water Week 2018 for a session on 'Sex for water: A women's right violation'