Facebook photo contest closed. Thank you for all the great contributions!
We will be accepting photographs for our Facebook Photo Contest on Water and Energy starting on 15 January 2014. Participate and win a chance to have your photo exposed during the main World Water Day 2014 celebrations on 20-21 March 2014 in Tokyo, Japan.
Please submit a photograph that best reflects the following statement:
"The World Water Day 2014 theme of Water and Energy is central to achieving a sustainable future. It also cuts to the heart of inequities, particularly for the poorest of the poor, who suffer greatly from lack of access to water, sanitation and modern forms of energy. World Water Day aims to raise awareness across a broad range of business domains and government sectors to solve water and energy challenges in a cohesive way."
Submission guidelines are as follows:
1) All contestants must be 13 years of age or older to participate.
2) All submitted photos must be a minimum size of 4'x6' (inches).
3) All submitted photos must be high resolution at a minimum of 300 dots per inch (DPI).
4) Each contestant may only submit one photo to the World Water Day 2014 contest. All duplicate submissions will be removed.
5) Black and white photographs as well as coloured photographs will be accepted.
6) Voting on photographs will be restricted to once daily per IP address.
7) All World Water Day 2014 Photo Contest winners will have their photographs displayed at the official main World Water Day Photo Exhibition in Tokyo, Japan (20-21, March 2014). More information on the main event can be found at: http://www.unwater.org/worldwaterday/events/main-event/en/
8) The first place winner of the photo contest will be based on the photo with the most public votes. The second place winner will be based on the photo with the second most public votes. The Critic's Choice winners (3 photos) will be selected by a World Water Day 2014 Photo Contest Jury from all photos that have been submitted contest-wide.
9) Winners of the contest will agree to email the high-resolution version of their photograph to World Water Day Photo Contest Administrators for print production at the World Water Day Photo Exhibition.
The 2014 World Water Day photo contest focuses on the theme of the Water-Energy Nexus. All applicants agree that each photo submitted to the contest will reflect the integrity of the World Water Day brand and that any and all inappropriate content will be removed by the World Water Day Photo Contest administrator.
Closing date for entry will be February 28, 2014. After this date, no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
No cash alternative will be offered to winners of the photo contest.
The UN-Water’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
The information you provide will only be used for contacting the contest winner. By submitting an entry to this Contest (the "World Water Day 2014 Photo Contest"), you acknowledge that you have read and agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of UN-Water, and that you satisfy all eligibility requirements.
By entering the World Water Day 2014 Photo Contest, you agree to consent to the use of your submitted photograph for use on the UN-Water World Water Day website, in newsletters, and publications as well as for distribution to UN-Water partners and members. Additionally, you consent to the use of photographs to promote future UN-Water World Water Day events by the UN-Water Communications Team and other media. I further understand that this consent may be withdrawn by me at anytime, upon written notice.
Contest governed by UN law. Contest is subject to all applicable UN laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law. No purchase necessary to enter or win.
By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
Click here to participate: