19 June, 2017
Version 6.0 of AquaCrop, the crop-water productivity model developed by FAO to address food security and assess the effect of the environment and management on crop production, has now been released on the AquaCrop website.
The new features of version 6.0 are:
- It enhances simulation of crop performance in very dry environments.
- It allows to consider the presence of gravel as an extra soil profile.
- It simulates the effect of weed infestation on crop production.
- The water thresholds for stomatal closure of some crops have been improved in the crop data base.
- Dry beans have been calibrated and added as a new crop in the crop data base.
For more information, visit the AquaCrop website.